Tuesday, January 5, 2010

How can some parents just leave their kids

I have this thought on my mind a lot recently. My stepson's mom left him years ago and I could never understand that especially after I had Ethan. I have tried everything to make him realize that he is a son to me but unfortunately he hasn't thought of me this way. A little over a month ago he found his mom on facebook and I feel our relationship has taken a turn for the worse. I am not sure how to fix it or make it better. I feel a little hurt by his reaction to her and in turn how he has been treating me.

Now, just a little over two weeks ago, we have added another teenager to our household. This one got kicked out of his grandfathers house. His mother gave up guardianship to an uncle and he doesn't even live with him. His grandma died a year ago and so he is left with much of nothing. He has an older brother but he is not even 25 yet and not able to take care of him.

How can parents do this?

1 comment:

  1. We have decided to add Chandler to our household until further notice. Jeff has talked to grandpa and they think it would be best until his mom can get on her feet. I hope this is the right decision for all. We are encouraging a relationship with grandpa that is grandpa/grandson instead of a parental one. He has been given our rules. My only concern is the extra money it will take to care for him.

    ReplyDelete